Search

Sunday, 22 March 2015

What I Wore: Spa Weekend in County Durham



Hey all! So recently I had a gorgeous mini weekend away with my boyfriend at The Manor House Hotel in County Durham. I love Durham so much, i've been quite a lot of times having grown up so close in Newcastle upon Tyne, and it's such a pretty place. It was a fairly good weekend, very windy, but we managed to do a lot of shopping and have some nice walks around the village where we were actually staying, about an hour out of the city.

This was the first time i've ever been to a spa - I know, right? Well I can confirm it's certainly not going to be the last time, because I have obviously been missing out. Although just small, the hotel has a pool, gym, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi, as well as offering a range of treatments. Our room was nice, just across from the main building in the courtyard - the hotel itself is amazingly interesting, as it is drenched in history. The main bit of the building used to belong to Henry VIII as one of his northern hunting lodges! It's been lovingly preserved throughout whilst still having all of the modern conveniences, and has a really lovely welcoming atmosphere. There was a wedding fair on the weekend that we stayed and I couldn't help but think that it would be a really, really special place to get married.


Left - Floral Blouse from Primark, Statement Necklace from New Look, Jeans from New Look 

Center - Top from H&M, Khaki stretch jeans from River Island 

Right - Dress from New Look, Tights from Primark, Ballet Pumps from Brantano Shoes


As well as exploring Durham, we took a nice long walk around the area, and had dinner in the hotel restaurant which was just amazing. In the spa itself we both enjoyed a swim and a steam both days we were there, and I opted to have a facial. This was really strange but really nice - i've not really experienced someone else washing my face for me in quite a few years! The girl was lovely though, and chatted away to me while she exfoliated, smoothed and massaged my face, giving me skincare advice and asking questions about my blog. The products she used were almost exclusively Kaeso ones, which wasn't a brand I'd come across before, but they smelled and felt lovely. A quick google tells me that they use all natural ingredients and that all products are free from Parabens, Sulphates, Propylene Glycol and Mineral Oil, which can only be a good thing really. My skin felt thoroughly calmed and soothed for a good two days afterwards, and I think it'd be a really nice thing to have done before a special occasion, or even just as a general pick me up on a bad week.



I hope you're all having a lovely Sunday and i'm sorry this post is later than expected! I'm well aware i've been a bit absent this month, between health issues, work and visiting friends I've hardly had a minute free, but i'll be back this week now. Enjoy your weekends and may you have a great week ahead! Almost April already, can you believe it?!

- Natalie XOX